While a large portion of our business is tree trimming and removal, we prefer keeping your trees alive and healthy. We are expanding our plant healthcare (PHC) offerings. We strive to offer services that provide a benefit. Prevention, early assessment and treatment are always best. PHC offerings have treatment windows and thresholds for treatment. Contact us before there is a problem or as soon as you notice a problem. Remember, a dead limb doesn’t come back to life, it requires regrow. A tree that dies must be replaced and grown from the ground up.
• Emerald Ash Borer can be controlled with a treatment which lasts for two years. This treatment has been proven by research to be the most effective application method and longest lasting. Treatment is necessary for anyone wanting to retain their ash trees. Now that EAB is here, all untreated ash trees will be killed by this invasive boring beetle.
• Root rot/decay is prevalent in our soil. We now have a preventative and therapeutic treatment option. This treatment has many benefits which include slowing or preventing root rot, flushing out the vascular system, improved root health, increased cellular ATP production, and some fertilizer benefits. A bi-annual treatment plan and assessment go a long way in keeping your trees healthy.
• Vascular flush treatment has many benefits which include slowing or preventing root rot, flushing out the vascular system, improved root health, increased cellular ATP production, and some fertilizer benefits. A bi-annual treatment plan and assessment go a long in keeping your trees healthy.
• Growth regulators will reduce top growth by up to 80% for 3-5 years. This treatment has many benefits including pre-construction conditioning, reduced need for trimming from structures, and improved overall tree health. There are also increases in fibrous root production, photosynthesis, carbohydrate production, drought tolerance, and nutrient uptake. Growth regulators are great at keeping trees from getting too large for their space. With the reduced growth rate, trimming cycles can be extended. This saves trimming cost and reduces tree stress while also
improving tree health.
• Micronutrient deficiencies often shown by yellowing leaves can be treated.
• Magnolia scale which stresses magnolia trees and makes them look unsightly can be treated with a bi-annual treatment and assessment plan.
• Japanese beetles can be treated when infestation levels become high.
• Pines, spruces, and evergreens with blights, needle cast, and other fungal issues should be treated early and put on a treatment plan.
• Bagworms, tent caterpillars, and other insect problems can be treated.
• Horned oak gall/gouty oak gall can be treated with a 5-year program. Early assessment is important to establish a treatment threshold.
• Anthracnose can be treated with a bi-annual treatment plan. This is common in sycamores, plane trees, and maples. Anthracnose results in black spots on leaves and total leaf loss in the spring which requires the tree to produce a second flush of lleaves. If a tree is stressed by other factors as well, it can contribute to tree mortality. Early proactive treatment is best. Contact us before the trees leaf out in the spring for best results. We anticipate we will be seeing more of this issue due to wetter and cooler springs.
• Tree decline/stress/prevention can be assessed. If treatment is deemed practical, a plan can be created for your specific tree.
Don't wait until it's too late, call us today!(573) 825-0515